I am keeping up to speed with the Journal quilts and finished my February one yesterday. This was the result of a Mystery Quilt that I signed up for in January. Having cut all the pieces and made strips for part two, part three had us sewing half square triangles - they gave us the wrong measurements! I am no longer taking part in this but decided to use some of the strip pieces for the JQ. I overdyed them all in yellow-green but it still didn't look too good so I added some bleach and then did some printing and added some Shiva paints. A few dabs of complementary colour and now I feel quite pleased with it.
I wrote at the start of the year that I was going to get to grips with Photoshop so having finished my colour lessons with Ellen Lindner I have signed up for a class with Beth Wheeler through Quilters Keep Learning. Only two lessons done so far but it is really making things so much clearer. Here is a glimpse of a Parrot tulip that I manipulated and have now started to machine quilt. It is A4 size and so I think it is likely to go to the Little Gems appeal. If any of you out there fancy supporting the Quilters Guild of the British Isles do take a look at the Little Gems project - you don't have to be a member to contribute.
That's all for now as I had better get back to sewing and I am also waiting for a chimney sweep to phone me back. I am having a new fireplace and stove fitted on April 1st - no joke- and have to get my chimney swept first. That should be fun.
Happy sewing. Maggi