And I thought it was only men who embarked on a project without reading the instructions first, or at least without reading them properly. Not so. I am taking part in a bag swap and decided to do the bag that came with a tutorial on the site. My first attempt took quite a long time as appliqued the circles by hand and also hand quilted it. It was meant to be a sort of boxy type bag but I didn't read the bit about making it boxy, hence the second attempt. I like the first one though; it was inspired by my Circles Little Gems so I will keep it as it will be handy to take small supplies to any classes.
This is the one that went wrong
And this is the second attempt which will be going to America once I have searched out some goodies to put into it which won't increase the postage by too much.
I have also finished my JQ for August for Popular Patchwork which was using the bleached piece I posted about before the FOQ. I added some weeping willow leaves made from organza, some of which are wired and just did the minimum of quilting. It is missing a wired leaf at the moment as I just found one on the floor when I was tidying things away so will have to attach it later. Just September's to do now before the October issue comes out.
I have changed my internet service provider and the increase in speed is really noticeable. Perhaps now I will be able to keep up a little better, I certainly need to as my OU starts again on October 3rd and I have four workshops this month with Ferret, Barbara Chainey and two with Janice Gunner.
Thank you to all of you who sent kind wishes about my back - all is now in working order so until next time. Happy sewing.