Tuesday, 26 August 2008
I decided to take a break from embellishing and do some quilting which I have to admit is my first love. I had tried out a rose image on Photoshop and then decided to print it onto three different fabrics, organza, cotton and linen. I liked the effect but didn't just want them to sit around as 'try-outs' so, having been watching The Quilt Show I decided to use Jean Wells method of making them into mini quilts and then attaching them to a larger quilt. The whole thing is only 20.5" x 9.5" but it has at least made something out of them. And I like the colours although they are not what I usually use. The background quilt was made from a piece of Laura Wasilowski's hand dyed fabric that I had left over from doing a workshop with her in 2000/2001 and was just the right colour for this. It is now hanging in my studio which is incidentally a fancy name for a spare bedroom, although it has long since relinquished that use!