Saturday 16 August 2008

Festival of Quilts

Had a fantastic night at Ricky Tims' concert last night. I took my cousin who is not a quilter and who had never heard of him and she agreed that it was a really enjoyable night out. Today went to hit the trade stands and also Ricky's Rhapsody seminar. Came away exhausted but inspired. Very busy so the only photo I took was the winner of the Large Traditional Quilt category 'Cwlwm Lafant' by Gwenfai Rees Griffiths



This is so beautifully done and is hand appliqued. Hope it is OK to put this in my blog - we were allowed to take photos so I guess it is. There was also a beautiful quilt by Ferret called `Herd Mentality' which was a close up of a herd of cows - could not get a photo as there was always someone in front of it being mesmerised.

Anyway, back home now and feeling exhausted. I think it will be an evening in with the cat. He won't want to go out as it has started to rain. As you can see he likes his creature comforts



Well at least I found out how to get the photos on properly at last

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I do appreciate your comments and will try to acknowledge them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.