Sunday 17 August 2008

The present is finally finished...

At last I have managed to finish the 40th wedding anniversary present for my cousin. Its a book made of silk paper with photographs of the family (printed on fabric) over the past years and up to the present. The silk paper is hand made and hand dyed. I also made a box for it. It is silk dupion, embellished with roving and hand dyed silk tops and lined with silk paper. I have been getting behind with the embellisher class but as this is made with the embellisher I don't feel too guilty. I even have two days to spare to catch up with the class now.



This is the box,complete with label. It does appear to be darker in real life!



and with the book...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I do appreciate your comments and will try to acknowledge them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.